At Tudor House we provide a wide variety of Nursing, Physician and related Medical Services. Listed below are a few of the services available for our residence.
- Regularly scheduled Registered Nurses on all three shifts.
- Seven days a week all the units/neighborhoods are overseen by a Nurse Manager or Nurse in charge.
- The Nurse Manager is available to speak to family with any questions or concerns.
- Health Care Aides provide the daily hands-on basic nursing care such as bathing, toileting, dressing, under the direction of the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse.
- The Nurse-in-Charge on Duty or Nurse Manager on-call is available after hours and on weekends. (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) to assist residents and their families in any situations that may require attention.
- Tudor House has two of its own dedicated General Practitioners (Medical Advisors) who visits on a weekly basis and a Consulting Psychiatrist that visits each month for Mental Health Consultations.
- Nursing staff may access the physician-on-call or the Emergency Medical Officer at the Selkirk Regional Health Centre 24 hours a day in the event of a medical emergency.
- Residents may retain their own physician if preferred and they are able to continue providing Medical Services to you..
- Selkirk Regional Health Centre is less than a five minutes’ drive away
Related Medical & Holistic Services
- Pharmacy – All medications are supplied by “Rexall Geri-Aid System” and are delivered as needed to Tudor House. They are packaged in individual pouches for each resident and administered by the professional staff as ordered by the doctor. Approved medications are provided as an insured service under Manitoba Health Drug Program.
- Podiatry/Foot Care Nurse – The Podiatrist or Foot Care Nurse visits Tudor House approximately once per month and attends to all new referrals as well as their regular clients. There is a cost for this service on a per visit basis which is billed to the resident’s account. Requests for this service can be made upon admission or you are free to choose your own foot care specialist.
- Dentistry – Residents still retain the choice to continue using their personal dentist in the community. There is not any mobile dental service available at this time.
- Occupational Therapy – The Occupational Therapist (IERHA) visits once every two weeks to provide a consultation service only and completes an assessment on each new resident. Under their direction, recommended exercise or rehabilitation programs are carried out by the nursing staff. Service also includes measurement for mobility, wheelchairs, support and safety devices.
- Physiotherapy – This IERHA service is occasionally provided at Tudor House but most often is received on an in or out-patient basis at the Selkirk Regional Health Centre. The physician requests these services by referral on the elder’s behalf.
- Psychiatry – The Psychiatrist visits Tudor House each month for mental health consultations, but is available as needed for urgent cases.
- Lab and X-ray Services – A lab technician from “Diagnostic Services” at Selkirk Regional Health Centre visits Tudor House on a regular basis to do lab tests as ordered by the attending physician.
- Registered Dietician – There is a Registered Dietitian Consultant that regularly visits Tudor House and visits with Residents as well as supporting the Food Service operation and reviewing and approving menus and special diets.
- Recreation Program – Dedicated Recreation staff member on each neighborhood scheduled every day (including Weekends and 3 evenings a week) to provide programs, exercise, activities, special events and plan outings.
- Spiritual Care – Visiting Pastoral Services – Roman & Ukrainian Catholic Priests, Red River Ministerial Association, and various other visiting denominations are available to the resident.